In case, you are unable to run a scan or the virus scan is unable to clean or delete the virus from your device. If you want to clean your device then use McAfee CleanBoot that help you resolve the virus-related issue. CleanBoot is used when you need to boot your computer up from a known, clean disc or USB drive, for either of the following reasons:
- You have a known malware infection on your computer.
- If you suspect that your computer is infected and you want to scan the computer without loading Windows
First, you have to get CleanBoot, below are the guideline through which you can get McAfee CleanBoot.
How you can get McAfee CleanBoot?
Technical Support must add CleanBoot to your McAfee account before you can download it.
After Technical Support adds CleanBoot to your account, you can use the following steps to download and create either a CleanBoot CD or USB drive. After that, you can boot your computer from the CleanBoot disk/drive, scan your files, and remove any detected threats. In case you face any problem in this then visit on the official site mcafee.com/activate and log in your account to get the CleanBoot directly from there.
NOTE: The CleanBoot subscription is valid up to 30 days. Download and use CleanBoot during the period.
How to download the CleanBoot ISO image?
- Visit on mcafee.com/activate then click on ‘My Account’, and log in
- Click on ‘My Account’ again and select the ‘Subscription’
- Scroll down to the utility section and locate CleanBoot, and click ‘Download’
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the CleanBoot ISO image file
How you can create a cleanboot disk/drive?
- Use CD/DVD image burning software to ‘burn’ the CleanBoot ISO image file to CD or USB drive
NOTE: If you do not have image burning software, or are unfamiliar with how to burn an ISO image, see the Related Information section of this article.
How to Run CleanBoot?
- After creating the CleanBoot CD, put the CD into your drive and restart your computer. If you are prompted to Press any key to boot from CD/DVD, press any key on your keyboard
NOTE: If your computer boots directly into Windows, you must change some settings to boot from a CD first. For information about how to change your boot settings, see the How to boot from a CD section below.
- Select the language and click ‘Next’
- Read the End-User License Agreement and click ‘Accept’
- On the Review System Information screen, verify your information and click ‘Next’
IMPORTANT: You must have an active high-speed Internet connection to download the updated virus definition files.
- Select the drives or folders to scan, and then click ‘Start’. The recommended configuration is to scan all fixed drives
- Wait for the scan to complete, after that remove the CleanBoot CD, and then click ‘Restart’
This is how you can get and use Clean boot to scan your device.