With McAfee Safe Connect VPN, users can securely connect to public Wi-Fi connections and several users who often need to connect to the open internet networks use this product offered by McAfee. However, despite giving a top-notch performance to the users, it might start to display some errors while you try to use it. Apart from that, there are some errors due to which you are not able to surf privately on the internet.
So, what is the use of such a product when it does do what it is ought to do? But, one should not get afraid of any such scenario, as you can troubleshoot this issue by following some easy directions given in this post.
Common errors with McAfee Safe Connect
Before discussing the ways to fix issues with your McAfee VPN because of which you are not able to connect to the internet securely, let us have a glance at some errors that you might come across while using this service. Also, the troubleshooting ways listed hereby shall be applied to these errors:
- One error message says that you cannot connect to the VPN and use its features currently. Along with the same error, you are told to try again after some time.
- Another error message says that you are not connected to the internet. Accompanied by the same error message, you are also advised to try again after an interval.
- In addition to this, you can also get an error message simply stating that something has gone wrong with the VPN service you are using.
Read Also >> Are cloud video conferencing apps secure? Think again
Before proceeding ahead, one thing that you must note that the troubleshooting ways discussed below shall be applicable not only to McAfee Safe Connect but also on McAfee VPN, Wi-Fi Guard, and other McAfee products that come with the VPN feature.
Some basic checks you can perform
- One should ensure that he is connected to a good and stable internet connection to use any such service.
- Please remember to install the latest McAfee product updates on your device for their hassle-free working.
- Last but not the least, check if your device accumulates any similar software on it. If yes, make sure the two conflicting programs are not there on the same PC.
If that doesn’t help fix the issue, follow the instructions given in the section that follows and you will be able to get rid of any such error.
Verified troubleshooting methods
Method 1- check the wired connections
Have a look at the Ethernet cable that you are using to connect your PC to the internet and replace any faulty cables. Besides that, you must also verify that the indicator light on the router is blinking or not. If it is blinking, it means your router is working correctly.
Method 2- if you have turned on the VPN protection
Sometimes, users make this silly mistake and forget to turn on the VPN service that is available on their systems.
Method 3- check the issues with your network cards
- Initially, open the Device Manager and tap on “Network adapters.”
- Now, expand the same option on the list.
- Check for any error symbols next to the network you are using.
- Do as you are prompted to do.
If you cannot get rid of the error even after going through these ways, the last thing you can do is clear your browser cookies and cache memory. Apart from this, one can also try to connect to the internet using other alternatives. If you are using an Android or iOS device, then the best thing you can do is check if your device is receiving proper internet connectivity or not.