Planning to upgrade to a better McAfee program or your current McAfee software is becoming problematic and you want to get rid of it? Oftentimes, McAfee software may display you different error messages and may result in grave problems. So, in that case, you are not left with any option but to uninstall McAfee from your device.
In case you do not want to uninstall the McAfee antivirus program from your device, you can also try to disable it and see if it helps with the problem you are facing. However, experts recommend that it is better that you uninstall and reinstall McAfee if it is becoming problematic for you and coming up with errors.
Recommendations: After you have successfully uninstalled McAfee from your device, it is better that you install one of the preferred McAfee products. Ensure that you are installing the most updated version of McAfee to avoid facing any problem with it in the future.
With that known, let us now move ahead with learning the comprehensive details about uninstalling it from Windows 10, 8, and 7 along with the details on uninstalling McAfee from Mac and Mobile devices.
The process to uninstall McAfee from Windows 10 PC
You can either use McAfee products using the McAfee Product Removal Tool or use your system’s “Settings” menu to do so. Here is how you can remove McAfee using the “Settings” menu:
Know Also >> Kids Grow Up Really Fast in This Technology-dominated World
- Turn on your Windows PC and go to the “Settings” menu using the search bar
- Now, you will see different settings tabs on your screen
- After this, you need to select the “Apps” tab from the menu
- In the App’s search bar, enter “McAfee” and search for it
- After finding it, just tap on it and choose “Uninstall”
- On the confirmation screen, choose “Uninstall” once again
- If your system asks you to confirm your action, allow the changes to take place
- Wait patiently until the software removal process goes on
- Once it is complete, close the current window
- As the last step, you need to restart your device
Removing McAfee from Windows 8
If you own a Windows 8 PC and you are wondering how to get rid of McAfee software from it, then here is how you can do so:
- Click on the “Start” option on your PC
- Else, tap on the “Windows” key on your keyboard to open the menu
- On the screen that shows up, locate McAfee software
- Now, you need to right-click on this program
- Choose the “Uninstall” option to proceed
- Else, go to the “Programs and Features” window
- Tap on the installed McAfee product
- Choose the “Uninstall/Change” option
- When asked for confirmation, allow Windows to uninstall McAfee
- Close the current window and restart your device
The process to uninstall McAfee from Windows 7 PC
Uninstalling McAfee products from a Windows 7 device will take only a few minutes to complete. To do so, follow these guidelines carefully:
- Open your PC and click on the “Start” menu
- Now, you should navigate to the Control Panel of your device
- Tap twice on the “Add or Remove Programs” option
- Choose the McAfee product that you no longer need
- For the same program, choose the Change or Remove option
- To confirm your action, click on the “Remove”
- Complete some more prompts to continue with your action
- After the product uninstalls, simply restart your device
How to uninstall McAfee products from Mac?
In case you own a McAfee product on your Mac PC and you are wondering how to uninstall it from it, then you should definitely give this solution a try:
Know Also >> Detect and prevent Fraud on Digital Payment Apps
- Power on your Mac and go to the “Applications” folder
- You will find it in the “Dock” of your device
- Else, you can also find it using the Finder window
- Now, find and open the McAfee Uninstaller application
- Choose “Uninstall” present next to McAfee browser add-on
- Hit the “Continue” option followed by tapping on “OK”
- Click on the “Finish” option when you see that the product has been removed successfully
How to get rid of McAfee on a mobile device?
If you have installed McAfee Mobile Security on your device and want to uninstall it, then you should follow the instructions provided below:
- Locate the McAfee Mobile Security app icon
- Now, long-press the app icon
- And click the “Minus” icon or choose “Uninstall”
- If prompted for confirmation, choose the relevant option
Whether you own an iOS device or Android phone, deleting McAfee or any other application from it is very easy and can be completed in a short while.
By the end of this article, you will realize that deleting McAfee from any device is not as hard as you thought. However, sometimes, you might experience technical glitches while doing so. Thus, in that case, you can take the help of the MCPR tool also known as the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool. This tool allows you to uninstall those McAfee products that you could not remove by applying the usual method. If you want to remove different McAfee products using the same tool, you need to download the tool as many times as you need it.